Cluetrain Manifesto for Retailing
50 Ways to Improve Your Customer’s Experience
Three years ago I shared with readers a list of 50 ways to be more customer-focused and deliver a better experience. I’ve decided to update the list and publish it again. It’s a bit long so you might want to print it out and read it later. Even better, check off those actions you and your team take on a regular basis.
Here are 50 Ways to Improve Your Customer’s Experience:
1. Open the door for your customer whenever possible. This is especially important if her hands are full.
2. Don’t just hand your customer his product, “present” it to him.
3. Keep the store temperature at a setting that is comfortable for customers. Most retailers set the thermostat at what’s comfortable for the employees.
4. Acknowledge your customer’s children.
5. Offer to gift-wrap purchases if you already know it is a gift. Don’t wait for your customer to ask.